Executives from organisations including HSBC, Accenture, News UK, Royal Dutch Shell, Jomas Engineering & Environmental, and The Football Association feature on the inaugural list, presented by Google.
LONDON 3rd June 2021 – The inaugural EMpower Top 10 UK Black Role Models List presented by Google has been launched today. The List is a showcase of those business leaders who have made a significant contribution to breaking down barriers within the workplace for Black and ethnic minority individuals.
Between them, these leaders and senior executives represent a collective workforce of over 65,000 in the UK and they are being recognised for the way they have used their positions to keep diversity and inclusion at the top of the organisational agenda.
The executives making up the Top 10 are (in alphabetical order):
- Belton Flournoy, Director of UK Identity and Security at Protiviti
- Celia Fraser, Insights & Analytics Lead at Capital Group
- Christina Liciaga, Head of Customer & Products for Europe & CIIOM at HSBC
- Dominic Carter, Group Chief Commercial Officer at News UK
- Edleen John, International, Corporate Affairs and Co-Partner for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Director at the Football Association
- Janet Onyia, Project & Programme Manager at Accenture
- Leila Thomas, CEO and Founder Urban Synergy, Seconded from Talent team at London Stock Exchange Group.
- Roni Savage, Founder & Managing Director of Jomas Associates (Engineering & Environmental)
- Sengova Kailondo, Senior Associate at Hogan Lovells International LLP
- Toib Olomowewe, Organisational Development & Learning Manager at Royal Dutch Shell.
Each of these individuals also appear on the wider EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model List, which was launched by INvolve in May 2021.
Commenting on the launch of the initiative, and her inclusion within, Roni Savage CEng CGeol Hon FRIBA SiLC; Founder & CEO of Jomas (Engineering & Environmental), said: “I am extremely humbled to be included in the Empower and Google list of Top 10 Black UK Role Models. I am committed to continuing to drive for diversity and inclusion in business, as well as in the Engineering & Construction sector, paving the way forward for future generations. Thank you to Empower and Google for this incredible acknowledgement.”
Jomas Associates provide leading Engineering & Environmental services to the construction sector across the UK. Founded by Roni Savage in 2009, the company is proud of the reputation it has developed due to its focus on people, quality and service.
Notes to Editors
The full EMpower Top 10 UK Black Role Models List presented by Google will be published on Thursday 3rd June 2021:
For interview and further image requests, please contact Nick Hems firstname.lastname@example.org